My 72 hours of Lent
Every time the phone rings
And every time a text message sings
All it seems to increase
Is the rate in which I cling
I cannot perform basic tasks
I am not calmed by taking baths
I have tried a number of different masks
but you right now just make me grasp
You will not see these verses
You will not hear my curses
You may visit me in recovery
With the lovesick nurses
I am not built for this terrain
My sanity is on the wane
This is worse this is worse
than flying on a dreaded plane
No one can deal with this type of man
Very few will understand
I am scared that you are scared
It does not bode well for your plans
I want your kindness and your lips
I want your sweetly smelling hips
I want the best, I need your breasts
I need your warmly glowing pips!
I want the witness to my life
It's just four weeks, where is my wife?
but it is a medicine for me
this mess is is ecstasy and strife
what she loves in me will kill us both
i am alive but i burn like toast
it takes a special kinda girl
to cope to cope to cope to cope
but i want a message every hour
if you are cooking or in the shower
for these digits have effects on me
a kiss me kill me kind of power
you are the only one who has seen
sides of me from drama queen
to energy which can impale you
clean right off the richter scale
as i sit under the covers, bent
typing this email IT MUST GO UNSENT
I must give up you for a few days
My 72 hours of Lent.
Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment