Monday, April 10, 2006

For the wall

I cried twice today. I was moved by a guy in a workshop who said "when I saw my mother die I knew life wasn't a swindle. immediately. Then twice the next day." I cried again at the Nigel Osbourne lecture when he spoke about symptoms of the physiological heart and the relationship of that and people who have had post traumatic stress disorder, and how you reduce cortisol (stress hormone) through music and affect blood pressure. It was EVERYTHING I had ever learned in personal research with M.E. friends and my own path in life. It was like listening to my own autobiography.

It made me feel how 'dispensing' music and art and craft to affect psyche and body. It just made me flood. It was BEAUTIFUL.

3.) The pulse in us, our cardiovascular system goes 60,000 miles round the earth. That is TWICE.

4.) We have lost touch with the rhythms of our own body as well as those of the seasons.

No comments: