Before I worked as a loan shark (I prefer the term debt investor) I had no stomach problems at all. Women liked me but when I started the job it was difficult to be honest about what I did, so, to fend off loneliness, I tried a bizarre speed dating launch in the grounds of a castle just outside Glasgow.
The organisers had constructed a roof round the castle moat and covered it over with fairy lights making a kitsch Tunnel of Love. It was fancy dress, which I normally hate, and not appropriate for a hard bastard like me, but I thought I had chosen a good angry costume, which was that of a blue bottle.
We were all paired up as couples, and I ended up with a sexy Spider Woman, who lived up to her reputation, but let me tell you why it didn't come to fruition. I initially thought this was going to go spectacularly well! She was very forward. We must have looked hilarious. so, on our little rowing boat Spider Woman and Bluebottle were on a date.
But when she asked me what I did for a living, this was the beginning of my gastric problems, for I started to feel very nauseous. This was amplified by the fact I couldn't swim. So I told her I was in investment banking which wasn't a lie, but I felt my lunch bubble in my guts. As we charted our craft around the moat, she was attentive and wonderful as you'd expect, but I was gonna be sick.
And sure enough, I threw up all over the side of the boat. But that's not all. I fell in. And the weight of my costume was dragging me underwater, surrounded by my own vomit. Add to this, this loan shark couldn't swim.
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment